JFK Law Corporation is always interested in speaking to prospective lawyers, articling students and summer students. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review your materials.
Please do not send your application materials directly to individual lawyers, as our application system is centralized.
Administrative Assistant – Part-time Position
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of aboriginal peoples and others who seek assistance in the areas of public, constitutional and environmental law. Our Victoria office is currently seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to join our team.
This position will provide administrative support to our Firm Administrator, legal assistants, paralegals, and lawyers to ensure the seamless operation of the firm.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning of various documents;
- Saving documents and emails using a firm-wide document management program;
- Organizing and compiling documents (i.e. binders, meeting materials, etc.);
- Filing documents;
- Preparing and sending correspondence for mail delivery;
- Scheduling frequent travel arrangements;
- Assisting with the client billing cycle;
- Conducting credit card and other expense reconciliations;
- Preparing expense requisitions;
- Assisting with scheduling using Microsoft Outlook and a firm-wide calendar management program;
- Arranging and preparing for meetings including drafting and circulating agendas, document preparation, catering, and other logistics;
- Ordering office supplies;
- General tidying and housekeeping including watering plants, cleaning, washing dishes, emptying recycling bins, etc; and,
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Administrative/clerical certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs; experience performing advanced saving of documents is an asset.
- Knowledge of Time Matters is an asset.
- Previous administrative experience is preferred.
Candidates who wish to be considered for this position should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 31st. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.