JFK Law Corporation is always interested in speaking to prospective lawyers, articling students and summer students. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and we will review your materials.
Please do not send your application materials directly to individual lawyers, as our application system is centralized.
CURRENT POSITIONS FOR HIRE:
Negotiation and Consultation Support Lawyer
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. Our firm is focused primarily on delivering high quality legal services to First Nations communities and organizations across Canada. We are currently seeking a full-time Negotiation and Consultation Support Lawyer to join our team in the Vancouver office, located centrally in Yaletown.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited, to:
- Assisting mid-level and senior counsel with day- to-day management of files on behalf of our First Nations clients
- Attending and participating in treaty negotiations and in negotiations with industry and government
- Assisting mid-level and senior counsel with regulatory and consultation-related matters
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in aboriginal and constitutional law, with a strong background in negotiations and consultation
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory hearing processes would be an asset
- Participation in complex negotiations, including drafting of consultation agreements and Impact-Benefit Agreements
- Familiarity with the British Columbia Treaty Process
- Familiarity with consultation processes involving First Nations
- Familiarity with regulatory processes at the federal, provincial and territorial levels
Our firm offers challenging and rewarding work, as well as a competitive salary and benefits plan. Interested applicants should apply directly with a cover letter and resume to Monique Cotton, Firm Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 9th.
Legal Assistant in our Vancouver Office
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of aboriginal peoples and others who seek assistance in the areas of public, constitutional and environmental law.
Our Vancouver Office, located in the heart of Yaletown, is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our team on a contract basis for a minimum of 14 months. The primary responsibility of this role will be to work with the legal assistant team and provide support to our legal professionals to ensure the seamless operation of the Firm.
- Interpret rules of court for various provinces and levels of court (i.e. BC Supreme Court, BC Court of Appeal, Federal Court, Ontario Superior Court, Supreme Court of Canada).
- Draft, edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other printed material.
- File and coordinate service of Court documents.
- Organize and maintain client documents, pleadings and various other briefs.
- Provide litigation support, including assisting with preparing specialized court documents.
- Coordinate with court offices to schedule appointments, and arrange for trials and judicial review hearings.
- Assist with reviewing and assembling documentary evidence, and managing complex evidence records.
- Provide calendar management using Outlook and Time Matters.
- Organize, maintain and manage updates to an electronic and paper Bring Forward system.
- Organize, maintain and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening and closing of files.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare monthly client billings.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of lawyer expenses.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Other tasks as assigned to support administrative team.
- Certificate or Diploma from a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs and Outlook 2010.
- Knowledge of Time Matters, PCLaw, CanLii and Quicklaw would be an asset.
- Previous administrative experience is preferred.
How To Apply:
Our firm offers challenging and rewarding work, a competitive salary, and a beautiful office space filled with bright and engaged people. Interested applicants should apply directly with a cover letter and resume to Robin Turnill at email@example.com by Friday, April 28th.