JFK Law Corporation is always interested in speaking to prospective lawyers, articling students and summer students. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and we will review your materials.
Please do not send your application materials directly to individual lawyers, as our application system is centralized.
Negotiation and Consultation Support Lawyer
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. Our firm is focused primarily on delivering high quality legal services to First Nations communities and organizations across Canada in the areas of public, constitutional and environmental law.
The Negotiation and Consultation Support Lawyer is full-time associate role located in our Vancouver office. This role will assist the firm’s Principals, as well as other senior associates and senior counsel, to represent our First Nations clients in negotiations and consultation-related matters. This may include work on treaty negotiations, regulatory and consultation matters, and other negotiations with government and industry. In addition to performing day-to-day file management, the successful applicant will be expected to take a senior role on files, including representing our clients in consultation and negotiation matters.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited, to:
- Assisting with day- to-day management of files on behalf of our First Nations clients.
- Attending and participating in negotiations and consultation-related matters.
- Assisting with regulatory and consultation-related matters.
- Drafting consultation agreements, Impact-Benefit Agreements and other agreements with industry and government.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in aboriginal and constitutional law, with a strong background in negotiations and consultation
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory hearing processes would be an asset
- Participation in complex negotiations, including drafting of consultation agreements and Impact-Benefit Agreements
- Familiarity with the British Columbia Treaty Process would be an asset
- Familiarity with consultation processes involving First Nations, government and industry
- Familiarity with regulatory processes at the federal, provincial and territorial levels
- Eligible to practice law in British Columbia as a member of the Law Society of BC
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and a resume by December 8th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants with Aboriginal ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.