- P 604-687-0549 ext 105
- C 778-686-7673
- Legal Assistant Celma McEachren 604-687-0549 x 110 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 340 - 1122 Mainland Street, Vancouver B.C. V6B 5L1
Rose joined the Vancouver office of JFK Law Corporation in December of 2011. Rose has more than 20 years of experience in the legal industry. She began her career as a Legal Administrative Assistant at the Department of Justice in 1996 and completed her Paralegal certificate in 2004. Rose has experience with all levels of court from Small Claims to the Supreme Court of Canada and has worked in a number of civil litigation practice areas.
In her Paralegal role Rose advises, coordinates and assists with litigation support systems and technologies. She is most often involved in evidence management, electronic discovery and specialized databases. Rose is highly skilled in electronic document management, which involves converting paper files into computer files and overseeing its management. This work also involves issue coding, creating chronologies, and preparing workbriefs and consultation records. Rose also assists clients with the collection of their electronically stored information, as well as with the review, analysis and production of those documents. Rose quite often travels to our clients’ communities to meet and interview members about their land use activities.
Rose also provides litigation support which includes preparing specialized court documents in all levels of court and jurisdictions, managing trials and judicial review hearings. Rose also performs legal research by gathering information regarding laws, regulations and court decisions. Rose regularly attends and assists at trials, hearings and meetings with clients all across Canada and government officials.
In her Practice Manager role Rose is also responsible for ensuring that the aims of specific projects are met and prepared on time, this includes preparing work-plans and budgets and monitoring their progress.
Rose is also the Vice-President and member of the British Columbia Paralegal Association (BCPA) which is an organization that promotes the professional development, continuing education and networking of paralegals in British Columbia. She was appointed by the President of the Law Society of BC to be a part of the Law Society’s Access to Legal Services Advisory Committee for 2013 and 2014. In April of 2015 Rose was appointed by Chief Justice Bauman to be a member of the BC Access to Justice Committee for a three year term.
- Regulatory Process and Environmental Assessment
- Aboriginal Rights Litigation and Judicial Reviews
- Bachelors of Legal Studies, Capilano University (in progress)
- Paralegal Certificate, Capilano University, 2006
- Legal Administrative Assistant, Certificate, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 1996
- Vice-President and Member of the BCPA
- 2013/2014 Member of the Law Society of BC’s Access to Legal Services Advisory Committee
- 2014/2015 CLEBC’s Working Group on Enhancing Courses for Paralegals in BC Law
- 2014/2015 Law Society of BC’s Working Group for Credentialing Paralegals in BC
- 2015 Member of the BC Access to Justice Committee (3 year term)
- Keewatin v. Ontario (Minister of Natural Resources) - Managed complex records of evidence in Supreme Court of Canada proceedings
- Bobby Lee Worm v. Canada - Produced a user friendly database of documents, with searching capabilities that allowed litigation counsel to review pertinent information specific to the cas
- Gitxaala v. Northern Gateway Pipelines Ltd. et al - Manage documents and create user friendly database of over 15,000 documents in court proceedings challenging the legality of the decisions approving the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipelines project