JFK Law Corporation is always interested in speaking to prospective lawyers, articling students and summer students. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to HR@jfklaw.ca and we will review your materials.
Please do not send your application materials directly to individual lawyers, as our application system is centralized.
Office Clerk and Administrative Assistant
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of Indigenous people and others who seek assistance in the areas of aboriginal, public, constitutional, and environmental law.
We are looking for a full time Office Clerk/Admin Assistant to join our energetic and passionate team. The primary role of the Office Clerk and Administrative Assistant is to ensure the seamless operation of the office through a wide variety of clerical responsibilities and provide exceptional Administrative Assistant support to the Firm Manager.
This is a Full Time Position approximately 37.5 hours per week. The nature of this work is primarily oriented to on-site responsibilities and therefore a minimum of 4 days per week worked in the office at our beautiful downtown Victoria location.
- Calendar management and travel bookings for the Firm Manager.
- Assisting the Firm Manager with project planning and tasks as appropriate.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of office-wide and firm-wide events.
- Scheduling internal meetings and events as requested.
- Daily management of the Boardroom, including, but not limited to:
- Setting up and cleaning up;
- Setting up and testing of AV for meetings, including Zoom video conferencing and teleconferences;
- Liaising with the Firm Manager for IT issues in the Victoria boardroom.
- Ordering and set-up of all catering for meetings and in-office social events.
- Reception duties, including welcoming guests, answering the main telephone line, directing calls.
- Sorting and delivering of mail and receiving and sending of couriers.
- Ordering, stocking, sorting and organization of supplies and managing inventory.
- Preparing cheque requisitions for Firm Manager and other office purchases.
- Filing documents in the firm document management system.
- Assisting with file openings and file closings.
- Basic document production, such as shells for letters, memoranda, or agendas.
- Photocopying, scanning, and assembling documents.
- General office maintenance and housekeeping, including monitoring for office tidiness, unpacking boxes, and breaking down boxes for recycling, watering plants, washing/cleaning up where needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Administrative/clerical certificate or diploma is an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational and teamwork skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and keyboarding accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of iManage Cloud is an asset.
- 1-2 years administrative experience.
Covid Safety Requirements
Covid safety plans are in place, and we request that our employees are double vaccinated.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by February 9th 2022, to:
Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you in advance for your interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.