JFK Law Corporation is always interested in speaking to prospective lawyers, articling students and summer students. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and we will review your materials.
Please do not send your application materials directly to individual lawyers, as our application system is centralized.
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of Indigenous people and others who seek assistance in the areas of aboriginal, public, constitutional, and environmental law.
This is a Full Time Position approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position will be located in our beautiful Vancouver Yaletown office. The Legal Assistant reports directly to the Firm Manager.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our energetic and passionate team. This role is best suited to an individual that is motivated, organized, adaptable and takes initiative. The primary responsibility of this role is to support three litigation associates, and work with the paralegal and legal support teams to ensure the seamless operation of the Firm.
This position provides opportunity for career development working with various lawyers’ administrative needs.
- Provide calendar management using Outlook and other work planning tools.
- Organize, maintain, and manage updates to an electronic and paper, Bring Forward system.
- Scanning and photocopying all required documents.
- Schedule frequent travel arrangements.
- Prepare monthly client billings.
- Manage monthly reconciliation of lawyer expenses.
- Interpret rules of court for various provinces and levels of court (i.e. BC Supreme Court, BC Court of Appeal, Federal Court, Ontario Superior Court, Supreme Court of Canada).
- Draft, edit, format, organize and print correspondence, memos, reports, court documents, labels and other printed material.
- File and coordinate service of Court documents.
- Organize and maintain client documents, pleadings, corporate records and various other briefs and reports.
- Provide litigation support, including assisting with preparing specialized court documents.
- Coordinate with court offices to schedule appointments and arrange for trials and judicial review hearings.
- Assist with reviewing and assembling documentary evidence and managing complex evidence records.
- Organize, maintain, and manage complex electronic and paper filing systems, including opening, and closing of files.
- Arrange and prepare for meetings including document preparation, catering, and other logistics.
- Other tasks as assigned to support the administrative team.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited Legal Assistant or Legal Administrative Assistant program.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant, Legal Administrative Assistant or an equivalent combination of experience.
- Excellent technical skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office programs and Outlook 2010.
- Knowledge of iManage and PCLaw would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work effectively and meet deadlines which may change quickly.
- Motivated, independent, self-starter that takes initiative to complete tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and a resume through https://jfklaw.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=8 by July 25, 2021.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.