JFK Law Corporation is always interested in speaking to prospective lawyers, articling students and summer students. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and we will review your materials.
Please do not send your application materials directly to individual lawyers, as our application system is centralized.
ACCOUNTING CLERK – Full-Time Position
JFK Law Corporation is a specialty law firm founded in 2009 with offices in Victoria and Vancouver. We strive to provide the highest quality of legal services across Canada, serving the needs of Indigenous people and others who seek assistance in the areas of aboriginal, public, constitutional and environmental law.
The Accounting Clerk reports directly to the Accounting Manager. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide accounting support to our legal professionals and to work with the Accounting Manager to ensure the seamless operation of the Firm. This position will be located in our Vancouver office.
- Assisting the Firm with coordinating the monthly billing process;
- Preparing monthly invoices in the accounting software as per the billing guidelines;
- Submitting invoices to clients via email;
- Communicating with lawyers, legal assistants, administrative assistants and clients regarding outstanding accounts;
- Corresponding with clients and answering queries that may arise regarding their account;
- Maintaining and updating clients’ accounts folders in the Firm’s document management system;
- Processing of accounts payable, cheque requisitions and weekly cheque runs;
- Processing of payment receipts and bank runs as required;
- Processing client trust transactions in accordance with the Law Society of BC rules;
- Processing of WIP and Accounts Receivable write-offs;
- Maintaining and reconciling of petty cash funds;
- Communicating and coordinating with the accounting manager on various matters, including special projects; and
- Other tasks as assigned to support the accounting team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a billing capacity, preferably at a law firm;
- Basic accounting skills;
- A bookkeeping certificate, as well as, exposure to full accounting cycle is an asset;
- Accurate keyboarding skills;
- Strong technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, and PCLaw or similar law accounting software;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and work well under pressure;
- The ability to follow instructions and adhere to strict deadlines;
- The ability to work independently and within a team;
- A client centered approach with the commitment to providing outstanding service;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectation;
- The ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and confidentiality; and
- The ability to adapt to changing demands.
If you would like to advance your career with a progressive team that is passionate about making an impact, please email a cover letter and resume by November 30th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants with Indigenous ancestry are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you in advance for your interest. Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration. Thank you for your interest in JFK Law.