- P 604-687-0549 EXT 114
- C 604-992-1680
- Legal Assistant Aryanna Hartley 604-687-0549 EXT 110 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 340 - 1122 Mainland Street Vancouver, BC V6B 5L1
In his aboriginal law practice, Jeff strives to support his clients’ efforts to protect and advance their Aboriginal and Treaty rights and expand First Nations’ self-determination over their lands and waters. Jeff advances his clients’ interests in a broad range of contexts, including through the courts, consultations with the Crown and negotiation with industry including, in regard to regulatory decisions, land use and strategic planning, oil and gas, mining, hydroelectric development and the implementation of land claims agreements. Jeff has acted for First Nations, modern Treaty groups and other Indigenous organizations throughout Canada, with a particular emphasis on British Columbia, Alberta and Northern Canada. He has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia and Yukon, as well as the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court and the Supreme Court of Canada. Jeff also acts for non-Indigenous clients in civil litigation matters, with a focus on public, administrative and property law matters. Prior to joining JFK Law, Jeff practiced at a national law firm in Vancouver where he represented clients in a broad range of issues, including commercial and public litigation, insolvency and administrative law. Practice Focus:
- Civil litigation
- Consultation and accommodation
- Aboriginal and Treaty Rights
- Regulatory hearings regarding resource development
- Modern treaty interpretation and implementation
- Environmental assessments
- Called to the Alberta Bar
- Called to the British Columbia Bar
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- University of Calgary, B.A.